This is a collection of Physically Based Rendering/Shading/Lighting material I’ve found scattered around the web. I believe it’s quite handy to have a list like this on various rendering topics, hopefully it can be of use for somebody! And if you find something I have missed, please let me know!
- Physically Based Shading in Theory and Practice - SIGGRAPH 2013 Course
- Physically-Based Shading Models in Film and Game Production - SIGGRAPH 2010 Course
Articles and Slides
Note: Some of the articles listed here are from the collections above. They are listed here again in case the collections are changed or removed.
- RYSE - The Transition to Physically Based Shading - Short article by Nicolas Schulz, Senior Rendering Engineer at Crytek.
- Background: Physics and Math of Shading - Introduction presentation slides from the SIGGRAPH 2013 course above, by the all mighty Naty Hoffman.
- Getting more physical in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 [Course notes] - Presentation slides from Dimitar Lazarov, Lead Graphics Engineer at Treyarch.
- Real Shading in Unreal Engine 4 [Course notes] - Presentation slides from Brian Karis, Senior Graphics Programmer at Epic Games.
- Crafting a Next-Gen Material Pipeline for The Order: 1886 [Course notes] - Beautiful presentation by David Neubelt and Matt Pettineo, two Graphics Programmers at Ready At Dawn Studios.
- Physically Based Shading Models in Film and Game Production - Slides [Course notes] - Practical implementation at tri-Ace by Yoshiharu Gotanda, Research and Development Department tri-Ace, Inc.
- Crafting Physically Motivated Shading Models for Game Development - Slides [Course notes] - Naty Hoffman.
- Terminators and Iron Men: Image-based lightingand physical shading at ILM - Slides [Course notes] - Information on how IBL and PBL was used at ILM in Iron Man and Terminator Salvation, by Ben Snow.
- #AltDevBlog: Shader Code for Physically Based Lighting - Actual shader implementation of PBR by Keith Judge, Unreal Engine 4 coder at PitbullStudio.
- CodeItNow: Physically-Based Shading - Blog discussion on PBS by Rory Driscoll, Lead Game Programmer at Sony Santa Monica.
- Physically Based Rendering for Artists - A great in depth video guide aimed at artists, by Andrew Maximov
- Unreal Engine 4 - Tech-Video zu Layered Materials - Tech talk about layered materials in UE4.
- Hideo Kojima GDC 2013 Panel - MGS5 & Fox Engine - Should have some information on PBS, but haven’t watched it yet.
- Lighting in Killzone: Shadow Fall - Presentation by Michał Drobot (Guerrilla Games), haven’t watched it yet.